October 17, 2019 | Newark, New Jersey
OPPORTUNITY ZONE BOOT CAMP & PITCH COMPETITION
An action-oriented real estate redevelopment event focused on the critical path to successful, sustainable reinvestment into the country's 8,700+ Opportunity Zones, and concluding with a live pitch competition for prizes and investment.
WELCOME TO THE OPPORTUNITY ZONE BOOT CAMP AND PITCH COMPETITION
Brownfield Listings is proud to present a robust and diverse Opportunity Zone event at the New Jersey Institute of Technology in Newark, New Jersey on October 17, 2019
Register for the event!
Limited tickets are available.
WANT TO RECEIVE UPDATES?
Enter your email address below and we will keep you up-to-date with all event news!
Who is this event for?
Everyone interested in Opportunity Zones! Leading public & private sector experts will join communitities, landowners, advocates, NGO's and non-profit professionals in one robust and holistic redevelopment ecosystem.
Real estate investors, developers and redevelopers.
Communities, corporations and individual landowners.
Professionals working in real estate development, economic development and community development.
Public sector staff working in local, state or federal government positions relevant to redevelopment and reinvestment in OZs.
Anyone interested in learning about real estate investment into OZs and how to leverage greyfield, brownfield, landfill and even Superfund assets in this once-in-a-generation community reinvestment opportunity for America's chronically under-invested communities.
What can I expect to learn?
OZ Boot Camp & Pitch attendees will take away a start-to-finish primer of innovative techniques, instructive examples and best practices to give them a competitive edge for advanced real-world redevelopment projects. We will answer the following questions and more:
• What is an Opportunity Zone (OZ)?
• Where are OZs located?
• How were OZs designated and why?
• What is a Qualied Opportunity Fund (QOF)?
• Who will invest in QOFs and how will these investments be made?
• What will the geographic impacts on development in OZs be? Where will it drive investment next?
• How can municipalities with sites in OZs better position themselves for investment?
• How can developers and investors best engage communities they have never invested in before?
• What are the challenges, traps and pitfalls when redeveloping legacy sites located in OZs?
• What other programs, incentives and resources can be leveraged with OZ and QOF projects?
• Will OZs spur broad based economic development or will they accelerate gentrication?
• Will OZs be more successful than past community investment programs and how?
• How can communities capitalize on OZs?
• What are the products, tools, strategies and tactics used by redevelopment professionals to successfully redevelop
greyelds, brownelds, landlls and Superfund sites in OZs?
Venue: New Jersey Institute of Technology Campus Center - Atrium & Ballrooms
Only 20 minutes by train to New York City, NJIT is located in Newark, New Jersey's largest city. Newark is also New Jersey's cultural and economic capital, boasting performance spaces, professional sports, great food, and five other nearby colleges.
NJIT Campus Center
150 Bleeker St, Newark, NJ 07102
Register for the Opportunity Zone Boot Camp - Newark
Save your spot for the top Opportunity Zone event on the East Coast!